As a professional in the games industry I have worked a wide range of positions. I’ve worked the following positions so far in my career:
- Game mechanics and gameplay programming
- C++ programmer on multiple handheld, console platforms as well as PC
- Java, CSS and HTML programmer on a browser game
- In-house scripting when script department was short of staff (in addition to my C++ workload)
- Technical requirements checklist QA tester
This has lead to a need for adaptability and quick learning. Comfortable working under my own volition but equally as happy as part of a team.
I am familiar and comfortable with a large amount of software and hardware due to my varying tasks over the years.
- IDE – Visual Studio (up to 2017), Eclipse & CodeWarrior
- Version Control – SVN, Perforce & Accurev
- Engines – Several in-house & UE4
- Dev Tools – Sony Neighbour, Microsoft XDK, Nintendo Dev Interface
- Dev Kits – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Vita, PSP